Contest Name: 105.9 the X/Iron City Beer Winter Rock Showcase at the Hard Rock Café-Pittsburgh ‘14. (the “Contest”)
Station: WXDX (105.9) (the “Station”)
Station Address: 200 Fleet Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Telephone: (412) 937-1441
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. This Contest is open only to individuals ("Entrants") who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia that are or will be at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. If you are not a permanent resident of the United States or you are not the required age as of time of entry, you are not eligible to participate in this Contest or to win a prize. Void outside participating Station’s Total Market Area (TMA) and where prohibited or restricted by law. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct its contests substantially as described in the official contest rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during a contest as announced on the affected station. Participating stations are listed above or for a list of participating stations, please visit the offices of this Station during normal business hours.
The Contest is administered by the Company and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the contest administrator. Entrant(s) acknowledges and understands that any information provided will be used for administering the Contest and in accordance with Clear Channel privacy practices found here. The Contest sponsor(s), promotional partners and administrator is herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities.
- Must be FCC acceptable, including no use of indecent or obscene material or language.
- Content should not infringe or violate any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other intellectual property, proprietary, or contractual right of a third party.
- No defamatory or libelous material or material which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person, without such person’s consent.
- No content or material that is illegal, contains nudity or is sexually explicit, or by law, obscene, profane or pornographic.
- No misrepresentation or disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies.
- No content which implies or portrays graphic violence excessive use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous.
- No content which is abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any legally protected classification. Specifically this includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs (such as the “N” word), threats, intimidations, or hostile acts.
- No content communicating messages inconsistent with the positive goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Must be socially acceptable and in good taste, as determined by the Station in the Station’s sole discretion.
- Cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
- Cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.
The Station and sponsor reserve the right to reject any entry, in their sole discretion, based on the terms set forth herein as well as current broadcast standards and other programming and operating practices and policies established by the Station for airing advertising. The Company reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY THE COMPANY OR SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THE COMPANY OR SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by the Company or Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. The Company reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Promotion Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period.
- Entry submission of the solo artist or music group or band performing one original song.
- Song performance should be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
- Song can only be submitted in an mp3 Format no larger than 5MB
- Each Band can have a Maximum of 8 Band Members
- Each Band Member Must 18 Years of Age (as of January 31, 2014) or Older to Participate
- Band must be located within a 40 Mile Radius from the Hard Rock Café, Station Square, Pittsburgh, PA
By submitting a Entry you warrant and represent that the Entry is an original work, created solely by you (or by yourself and others who have each granted you authority to license the rights stated herein), and that the use of the Entry as licensed hereunder does not infringe on any third party’s intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks or other proprietary or personal rights. You warrant and represent that the Entry does not contain defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, or threatening material. The song you perform shall be a song that you own or control 100% of the rights to the publishing and master recording. The Entry shall be free and clear of any claims by any person whose performances or depictions are embodied in the work, or any person rendering services in connection with the work. The Entry shall not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, such as samples, clips, “mashups”, “remixes” or the like. The Station reserves the right to remove any Entry that it deems to be in violation of these Official Rules.
CONDITIONS ON PARTICIPATION:
By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Station and the Contest Sponsor, that the decisions of the Station is final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; and (d) if you or any member of your band that is granting rights to the entry submitted in the Contest is a party to any third party agreement with a record label, production company, publishing company or any other third party, such agreement does interfere with the rights granted to the entry in this Contest and/or receipt of any of the prizes listed herein, nor will you (or you and others who have each granted you authority to license the rights stated herein) enter into an agreement with any entity that would grant or transfer any rights of your entry submitted herein.
OWNERSHIP AND ENTRY LICENSE GRANTED:
By entering you are not required to transfer ownership over your entry to anyone. However, in consideration of the chance to win a prize hereunder, by submitting the Entry to us, you hereby grant to us a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-restrictive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, transmit, make available, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Entry (including any title of the Entry and your name and likeness) in connection with the Station and the Contest (and all places where some or all content from the Station’s website is available) and otherwise in connection with the Station’s and the Company's businesses, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Station, its website, or iheartradio.com (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels now known or hereinafter developed without time limitation. You also hereby grant each user of the Station’s website a non-exclusive license to access the Entry. If you do not want grant the rights as set forth herein, please do not participate in the Contest.
Additionally, you agree to grant to the Company all rights to use any Entry that you submit, and the image, likeness, voice, name and photographs in the Entry or otherwise submitted or provided by you in any publicity or advertising relating to the Entry or the Company and the Contest, without compensation or approval (except where prohibited by law) in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial, time or other limitations.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT CLAIMS:
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, click here if you wish to report it [link to DMCA takedown policy]
Entrant must not be obligated to or bound by any sort of recording contracts or agreements with a record label.
- Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: Contest will begin December 11, 2013 at 2 p.m. (EST) and end February 28, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (EST) (“Contest Period”).
Description of how to enter or participate; AND entry deadline dates. Deadline for registration is 11:59 a.m. (EST) on January 6, 2014. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ARE VERIFYING THAT YOU ARE THE OWNER AND PRODUCER OF THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL AND THAT NO THIRD PARTY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS EXIST TO THE MATERIAL SUBMITTED WHICH WOULD RESTRICT THE RIGHTS GRANTED HEREUNDER. YOUR SUBMITTED RECORDING WILL NOT BE RETURNED AND YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO USE THE SUBMISSION FOR ANY COMMERCIAL USE AFTER IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
B. How to Enter: All entries must follow the Entry Guidelines set forth above. Submit your entry by logging onto the Station’s website wxdx.com beginning Wednesday December 11, 2013 at 2 p.m.(EST) and follow the Contest links to register. Entry must include an mp3 featuring the Contestant performing original material in accordance with the entry guidelines set forth above, along with a completed entry form, signed consent and release obtained from the Station’s website at wxdx.com. Deadline for registration is January 6, 2014 at 11:59 a.m. (EST). Valid contest entries must contain all information requested. One entry per person per the contest period. All entries will become property of the Station and will not be returned. Each entry is considered to be one Contestant regardless of the amount of members and is referred hereto to as a “Contestant.” Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
All entries must include the following to be deemed valid: (a) the necessary or required releases, which must be filled out in its entirety and fully executed to be deemed complete; (b) Contestant’s recorded performance, and be in material accordance with the entry guidelines set forth above; (c) the fully completed contestant profile; (d) the entry form completed in its entirety. IF THE VALID ENTRIES HAVE NOT BEEN RECEIVED BY THE ENTRY DEADLINE STATED HEREIN, THE SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE AND ENTRANT WILL HAVE FAILED TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION AND NO VALID ENTRY MADE. If contestant fails to provide a valid entry by the entry deadline herein, the entry will not be deemed valid and contestant will not be eligible. All requirements must be met before a contestant is permitted to participate and otherwise considered eligible.
By uploading a Submission in the Contest, entrants hereby warrant and represent that the entire Submission meets the following Entry Requirements: A Contestant must individually meet the contest eligibility (“Individual Eligibility Criteria”) stated in these official rules and/or the group of musicians that comprise the group which is featured in the Submission (as defined herein) (each, a “Band”) may not have more than Eight (8) members, may be of a rock/pop musical genre, and must be accurately represented in the Submission and does not have any of the following agreements in effect either written or oral: (i.) a contract for talent representation (for example, a talent agent or manager);(ii) a current music recording contract; (iii) current agreement relating to the use of your name, voice and/or likeness; or (vi) an exclusive acting contract; or any other contractual arrangement that would prohibit you from fully participating in the Contest and/or entering into any contracts that me be required by Sponsor, including a recording contract and merchandising contract (the “Band Eligibility Criteria”). Each Contestant must meet the Individual Eligibility Criteria and the Band Eligibility Criteria, (collectively the "Eligibility Criteria"). Each Band member must meet the Individual Eligibility Criteria and each Band must meet the Band Eligibility Criteria in order to meet the Eligibility Criteria and be eligible to enter the Contest by submitting a Submission. Only one Submission per Band. Individual members of the Band may be entered more than once if the individual is a member of another Contestant’s Submission or is a solo performing artist (i.e. Contestant may be a member of a band/group but may also enter as a solo artist) The recorded material submitted may only be entered once into the contest and by one contestant and only one contestant submission for per band/ group (i.e. other members of the band may not individually register the band, creating multiple submissions for a band) Individuals may only enter once as an individual performer. The Band member which made the Submission will be the Contestant’s primary contact for a Band for duration of the Contest and the individual members of the Band may or may not be contacted at the sole discretion of the Station. It is the sole responsibility of the Contestant’s primary contact to give notice and contest information to each member of the group for which they registered. Contestant must be the owner of the material submitted. No licensed materials accepted. Contestants may submit only one (1) mp3 for the Contest. In the event that more than one submission is made (by any Band), the first valid Contestant submission shall be deemed the Band's Submission, and any additional contestant and/or submissions will be disqualified.
Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the phone number submitted at the time of entry and qualification. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. The Company is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. Company is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, postage-due or incomplete entries or mail. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, mobile service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, mobile phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the website administrator for online entries. When applicable the website administrator’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Contest promotion. Contest entries must contain all information requested and must be received on or before the deadline for registration to be deemed valid. All Entries become the property of Company and will not be receipt acknowledged or returned. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts.
By submitting a valid entry, and officially entering this contest, Contestant agrees that all members in the performance group agree to be bound by these official rules and further understands the Station in its sole discretion may or may not choose to broadcast on-air and on-line any or all information provided for the purposes of promoting the contest. By participating in the Contest, each Band agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Company, which shall be final and binding in all respects and further acknowledge the rules, regulations, restrictions and prize description “as is.”
C. Contest Procedures: Each submission must meet ALL of the qualifications and entry guidelines set forth above and as stated in the Contest’s Official Rules! Only the valid eligible entries will be posted on the Contest page at wxdx.com..
Preliminary Voting Period: On or about January 7, 2014 the Station will post all valid entries on its website and invite listeners to vote for their favorite entry. Deadline to vote is Tuesday January 14 at 11:59 p.m. (EST)
Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address per day. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the finalist in its sole discretion.
At the conclusion of the voting period, on or about January 15, 2014 the Station will select 3 semi-finalists based on the submissions which received the most votes. The semi-finalists will compete in a live performance on one of the following dates: January 31. 2014, February 7, 2014, February 21, 2014. Contestants must participate in the semi-finals live competition to qualify for the Grand Prize. The Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier in the event that that a qualifier has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. The Company and Contest Entities are not responsible for any costs incurred during taping, submission, transportation, and/ or performances.
In the event of two or more contestants have the same number of votes; the Station will Select a panel of judges to select the finalist based on the judging criteria, listed above. All decisions of the judges will be final.
ONLY THREE (3) BANDS (OUT OF FIFTEEN (15) TO BE CHOSEN TO PARTICIPATE IN THE WINTER ROCK CHALLENGE) WILL BE CHOSEN VIA METHOD OF ONLINE VOTING.
On or about January 15, 2014 an additional Twelve (12) bands will be selected by authorized representatives of WXDX, Drusky Entertainment, and the Pittsburgh Hard Rock Cafe. Bands will be selected based on the following criteria:
Originality of Music and Lyrics (0-25 points)
Appeal of Rock/Pop style (0-25 points)
Quality of Musicianship (0-25 points)
Overall Technical Presentation as demonstrated by the MP3 submitted (0-25 points).
The selection process and application of the above criteria will be at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
Sponsors reserve the right to verify any entrant’s eligibility and the right to disqualify any participating band that violates Sponsors’ policies or rules. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing may result in disqualification of the entire band. If your band is selected and can not perform on the date assigned, sponsor reserves the right to pick another band in your place.
If Selected to Perform: Each band selected will be assigned a night on which they will compete at the Hard Rock Cafe - Pittsburgh. Each member of each band selected to perform will be required to execute The Pittsburgh Hard Rock / WXDX Winter Rock Showcase Engagement Agreement that must be returned before the band will be permitted to perform in each round of the competition.
Semi-Finals: FRIDAY – January 31, February 7 and February 21, 2014
At the Pittsburgh Hard Rock Cafe there will be three (3) nights (1 per week) on which five (5) bands will perform in the first round of the competition. Each band will have a total of 15 minutes to set up their equipment and 20 minutes to play their compositions. Full backline will be provided. The majority of each band’s set must consist of original material, but MAY include one (1) cover song.
Sponsors reserve the right (in their sole discretion) to disqualify any band that performs primarily cover material during the competition.
First, members of the audience will vote by ballot for their respective favorite band. Second, a panel of a minimum of three (3) industry professionals will vote for their favorite band based on the Criteria Below. Audience voting will account for 40% of the vote and the industry representatives will account for 60% of the vote. Overall highest total of the two scoring factors will progress to the finals round. Ballots will be counted and judged at the conclusion of all the bands’ sets by authorized representative(s) of 105.9 The X radio station and the Pittsburgh Hard Rock Cafe. All decisions of the judges will be final.
Musicianship (Based on a Scale from 1-30, with 30 Being the Best)
Voice Talent (Based on a Scale from 1-20, with 20 Being the Best)
Originality (Based on a Scale from 1-20, with 20 Being the Best)
Stage Presence (Based on a Scale from 1-20 with 20 Being the Best)
Fan Reaction/Appeal (Based on a Scale from 1-10, with 10 Being the Best)
JUDGE’S SAVE BAND
One (1) additional band selected by the judges as a “Judge’s Save” band will also participate in the FINALS. The Judge’s Save Band will be the Band with the Fourth (4th) Highest Audience/Judge Score from one of the Three (3) Semi-Final Week(s) Competition.
The qualifying band/artist must be available and perform at the WXDX /Hard Rock Café-Pittsburgh Winter Showcase Event at 230 West Station Square Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 on February 28, 2014at 9 p.m. (EST) for the final event. If the qualifier is not available to perform, then qualifier is not eligible and will be disqualified from the competition. The Station reserves the right to select an alternative qualifier and may or may not chose to do so at their sole discretion. All qualifying contestants must be present to be eligible for the Grand Prize.
Final Showcase: Friday, February 28, 2014
The three (3) bands selected ("Semi-Finalists") (1 from each of the three weeks first rounds at the Pittsburgh Hard Rock Cafe) will join one additional band selected by the judges as a “Judge’s Save” band for the return to the Hard Rock Cafe for the finals run on Friday, February 28, 2014 and will play a set of approximately 35 minutes in length. Each band will have a total of 15 minutes to set up their equipment. Full backline will be provided. The majority of each band’s set must consist of original material, each band will also be required to perform One (1) cover song.
FINALS COVER SONG: One cover song by a specific artist/band chosen at the discretion of WXDX & the Hard Rock Cafe will be required at the finals. Semi-finalist winners will select a song to learn from the artist/band chosen by WXDX/Hard Rock Cafe
Before the finals on February 28th, 2014 the selected song your band chooses must be submitted to WXDX/ Hard Rock Cafe and approved. Each Band’s choice of a song from a Particular artist/band will be awarded on a first come first serve basis. Only one band can perform the approved chosen song from the artist/band.
For the 4 bands playing during the finals, the voting process will be a combination of audience voting and voting from a panel of judges. First, members of the audience will vote by ballot for their respective favorite band. Second, a panel of a minimum of three (3) industry professionals will vote for their favorite band based on the Criteria Below. Audience voting will account for 40% of the vote and the industry representatives will account for 60% of the vote. Ballots will be counted and judged at the conclusion of all the bands’ sets by 105.9 The X radio station and the Pittsburgh Hard Rock Cafe.
Musicianship (Based on a Scale from 1-30, with 30 Being the Best)
Voice Talent (Based on a Scale from 1-20, with 20 Being the Best)
Originality (Based on a Scale from 1-20, with 20 Being the Best)
Stage Presence (Based on a Scale from 1-20 with 20 Being the Best)
Fan Reaction/Appeal (Based on a Scale from 1-10, with 10 Being the Best)
At the end of the competition, the Company will determine which contestant is the Grand Prize Winner based on the judging criteria set forth above. All decisions of the judges will be final. Based on the results of the voting, the "1st place winner" and "2nd" though "4th place" will be announced at the conclusion of the showcase finals on Friday, February 28th, 2014.
In the event of a tie, the panel of judges will determine the winner from among those tied. The decision of the judges will be final. Contestants must be available to participate in the live performance competition(s) portion to qualify for the Grand Prize. The Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier in the event that that a qualifier has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. The Company and Contest Entities are not responsible for any costs incurred during taping, submission, transportation, and/ or performances.
*Notice: The Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier in the event that that a qualifier has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. The potential winner must be available to participate when applicable to be eligible for the Grand Prize in any portion to the contest that participation may be required. No more prizes other than the stated prize(s) below will be awarded. If the entrant is unable to verify registration information the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate entry at that time. The Company is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call or sending of an e-mail or any other form of communication Station may use to contact the qualifier and/or a potential winner. The Station is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a qualifier or potential winners or for any late, misdirected, or if the qualifier or potential winner is a minor, for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of the entrant to provide signed parental or guardian consent. If the potential winner does not claim the prize within the appropriate time given upon notification or unless otherwise stated herein, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited, no alternative prize will be substituted. Furthermore eligible contestants agree as follows: All decisions of the judges will be final. By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Station, that the decisions of the Station is final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you not comply with the rules, then the eligible winner will be disqualified. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select an alternate qualifier and/or potential winner at that time.
2. Prize(s). No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The prize is awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules and if there are sufficient eligible entries. Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s). If the winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the contest, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
A $150 Gift Certificate to the Guitar Center will be awarded each night of the semi-finals to the crowd favorite. Approximate Value $150.00 Prize Provided by The Guitar Center-Pittsburgh.
One Grand Prize Winner (1) GRAND PRIZE: (1st Place)
• $1,000.00 cash prize from the Hard Rock Café (230 West Station Square Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219)
• A $1,300 Recording Package from Treelady Studios (628 Brown Avenue, Turtle Creek, PA 15145) includes a full lock out day of recording, mixing for up to 3 songs, and more (See Appendix A)
• (1) One Featured spot on "The Edge of The X" (105.9 WXDX-200 Fleet Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15220)
• Minimum of (1) One Return Performance opportunity at the Hard Rock Cafe.
• (1) ONE Music Video from Altar TV (208 Federal Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15212) provided by Altar TV (See Appendix B)
• (1) ONE Drusky Entertainment (226 Siebert Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237) Opening Slot: Drusky Entertainment will add your band on as an opening act to a national act’s show playing a Pittsburgh date. Show to be mutually agreed upon by winning band and Drusky Entertainment.
• Opportunity to have a record representative at the finals on Friday, February 28, 2014 that will give feedback and/or quick critiques and advice to the winning act and a possible opportunity to give/send the record rep a press kit/CD. If a record representative is unavailable to attend on February 28th, attempts will be made to schedule a separate meeting at a later date, or a band’s press kit will be given to a rep.
Prize: (2) "2nd Place" Prize: $500.00 cash prize provided by the Hard Rock Cafe
Prize: (3) "3rd Place" Prize: $250.00 cash prize provided by the Hard Rock Cafe
Prize: (4) “4th Place” Prize: $100.00 cash prize provided by the Hard Rock Cafe
At the finals on Friday, February 28, 2014 a special Winter Rock Showcase trophy will be handed out to each of the following bands, the “Fan Favorite” and “Overall Winner” along with a Hard Rock Cafe gift certificate for $100. Provided by the Hard Rock Café.
Conditions and restrictions may apply. All taxes, upgrades and any other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules as included in a prize are the responsibility of each winner. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in Company’s sole discretion. All prizes must be redeemed from the Station within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules or unless required as in date specific prizes. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If the winner is not available on the specified dates, winner will be disqualified and the Company reserves the right to choose an alternative prize winner. For certain prizes which are date specific such as event or concert tickets, the Company is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Company reserves the right to not award the grand prize associated with that canceled event or concert, without any payment or obligation to the winner or potential winner. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. Location of seats and tickets are in Company’s sole discretion or may be predetermined as supplied by the Sponsor. Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. The Company reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value or may substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, if for any reason a prize, or any portion thereof, as described herein and at the sole discretion of the Company. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. If actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, or the winner and/or if applicable, his/her guest(s) and/or eligible travel companion(s) forfeit, do not use, or are determined ineligible for any portion of the prize, the winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value, and such difference will be forfeited. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Unless otherwise stated herein above, participants and winner(s) must be at least 18-years old, as of the date of entry and prize award and is a legal resident of the 50 U.S. or D.C. Participants and winners must reside within the participating Station’s Total Market Area (TMA) as determined by the Station or otherwise defined by Arbitron. Commonly the TMA represents the total overall radio station's comprehensive listening market audience within a geographic area encompassing all industry defined media market areas. In the event a participant must be at least 18 years old but are not the age of majority in their state of residence, then whichever is older, shall determine the minimum age requirement for eligibility of the entrant, when applicable. If the Contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the Official Contest Rules, only one (1) entry per person and only one (1) prize per household for the Contest and for any thirty (30) day period. The potential prize winner and, if the potential prize winner is under the age of the majority in their state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi), the potential prize winner's parent or guardian, may (in Company’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and any other form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty four (24) hours after the first (1st) delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated herein or at the time of notification. The potential prize winner's failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Notwithstanding the determined age requirement set forth above, it is strictly prohibited for anyone who does not meet the age requirement at the time of entry to be allowed to participate in the contest and no one under the age of thirteen (13) shall be permitted to enter any Contests at anytime, under any circumstances. Employees of the Company, the Station, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
5. Voting Contests. If the Contest involves listener participation by voting for a Contest participant on the station’s website then the voting is limited to one vote per person. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the Contestant its sole discretion. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per person/verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the company and the station a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose. BY SUBMITTING ANY CONTENT, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON COMPANY’S WEBSITE, IN COMPANY’S DISCRETION. Content: (a) must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Station website; (b) must be uploaded through the in format specified and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the Station website; (c) cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (d) cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (e) cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Company or its products, or other people, products or companies; (f) cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; (g) cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Company does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Company) is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your content and grant the rights herein granted to Company; (h) no background artwork should appear in an content unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in the content must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein; (i) cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (j) cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Company wishes to associate; and (k) cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY COMPANY AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF COMPANY IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Company does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Company reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Company reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Contest Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her entry which fails to comply with the Contest entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period. By submitting content you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from a person who's name, likeness or voice is used in the content and (f) and that publication of the content via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Company, its Stations, and agents from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Company’s use of such content, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner. By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that his or her content will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Company all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her video, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Company, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their content. Company reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning content, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Company, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Company, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the content and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Company fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Company’s rights and Company may at a later time request the assignment.
8. Releases and Conditions. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree and acknowledge that in order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company and agree to the terms herein, including but not limited to the prize conditions in this paragraph. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. Winner and if applicable, winner’s guest must comply with all rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize in its entirety. The prize elements will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc). By accepting the prize, Grand Prize Winner must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign a release to be eligible to receive a prize and hereby agrees that: (i) that all decisions of the Company, judges, and Contest Entities with respect to the Contest are final and binding; (ii) to release the Company, Station and sponsors and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; (iii) to allow the Company to and sponsors to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation; and (iv) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. All taxes, related fees, other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of prizewinner. The Company, Sponsor, and Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Company will have no further obligation to winner.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the Grand Prize, the winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the Grand Prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to The Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by Sponsor, Station or the Company shall mean in Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "sole and unfettered discretion." Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Company further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Company, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort ; (iii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iv) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
11. Miscellaneous. Void outside the United States, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Station reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise, all decisions are considered final and binding. These rules are designed to be fair and equal to all participants. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period from all participating stations. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules, or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by applicable local and state law.
TREELADY STUDIOS TERMS & CONDITIONS:
A $1,300 Recording Package that includes:
1. A pre-production planning meeting with Treelady Staff (valued at $50)
2. A Full Lock out day of recording (valued at $450)
3. Mixing for up to 3 songs (with up to 2 rounds of revisions, valued at $600)
4. Mastering for up to 3 songs (with up to 2 rounds of revisions, valued at $200)
Treelady Studio terms for the winning band are:
1. Winner must claim the prize within 6 months of the Challenge Finals, and use the prize within 1 year of the final contest date.
2. Prize is not transferable.
3. Lock out day requires $100 deposit (local check), which will be returned to winner (un-cashed) if they show up for the appointment.
4. Winner may choose to use $1300 studio credit at Treelady Studios for Mixing, Mastering, or a larger project.
5. Prize may not be combined with other awards, please contact us with any questions.
ALTAR TV TERMS & CONDITIONS:
A $2,500 Live Music Video that includes:
1. Multi-cam HD video shoot of a single song from the live performance
2. Live audio edited & mixed for the video
3. Full video post-production, editing and finishing
1. Video shoot to take place in the Pittsburgh region at a mutually agreed upon date and venue location (as part of a regularly scheduled show of the artist).
2. Shoot must take place within one year of winning the prize
3. Prize is inclusive of a live song shoot only (no additional scenes beyond live performance)
4. Prize is not transferable to any other artist or entity.