Our friends over at 412 Food Rescue are looking for home delivery Volunteers. See their message below on how you can join in to help out!
When the pandemic first arrived in Western Pennsylvania, stay-at-home orders were put in place, and 412 Food Rescue responded by doing something that we had never done in the past: home deliveries.
Delivering food directly to our neighbors doorsteps is a powerful way to look out for our communities. So many families in our community are facing the very real threat of hunger, while simultaneously dealing with the health risks associated with leaving their homes. You can help.
In order to safely deliver food to the homes of our neighbors, we require a PA criminal background check. Fortunately this is a cost free, simple process, that takes less than 5 minutes.
Here’s what you do:
- Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us/
- Select “New Record Check”
- Fill out requested information
- Volunteer Organization Name - 412 Food Rescue
- Volunteer Organization Telephone Number - 412-407-5287
- "Submit Request"
- You will immediate receive results if there is no criminal record associated
- Click on the 9-digit control number (combination of letter & numbers)
- Click “Certification Form”
- Click “Save” as a PDF
- Email attachment to email@example.com
- Subject line: “FIRST NAME LAST NAME - Background Check”
Once you’ve submitted your background check you will be added to our home delivery email list and receive offers for new opportunities to make a difference in our communities.If you have already submitted a background check, there is no need to submit another.
We are going to continue to be expanding our home delivery program throughout the summer and we can use all of the help that we can get.
412 Food Rescue