Iceburgh has made it to the final round of voting for induction into The Mascot Hall of Fame! #LetsGoPens
See the official press release below for details on how to vote!
Penguins Iceburgh Finalist for Mascot Hall of Fame
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ mascot, Iceburgh, has advanced to the final round of voting for induction into The Mascot Hall of Fame.
Iceburgh has been the official mascot of the Penguins since the 1991-92 NHL season.
The Mascot Hall of Fame Executive Committee selected 24 mascots for consideration for the National Mascot Hall of Fame. During the first round, over 71,000 ballots were cast by the public, annual members of the Mascot Hall of Fame, and the Executive Committee. The top 10 mascots now move on to the Final Ballot.
The final ballot will be open for voting at 12:01 AM ET on Sunday, October 17 through Saturday, Oct. 23 at 11:59 PM ET. Voters during this Final Round will ultimately elect the mascot(s) to join the Hall of Fame as members of the 2022 Induction Class.To learn about the mascots on the ballot and to place your vote visit www.mascothalloffame.com/thevote.
The official announcement of the new Mascot Hall of Fame 2021 Inductees will be announced on Friday, November 5.
The Mascot Hall of Fame Class of 2022 Induction Ceremony will be held on Saturday, June 11, 2022, at the Mascot Hall of Fame in Whiting, Indiana.
Below is the official list of the 10 mascots that will move on to the final ballot for consideration of Induction to the Mascot Hall of Fame.Congratulationsto all the mascots listed below.
- Butler Blue - Butler University (NCAA)
- Fredbird - St. Louis Cardinals (MLB)
- Globie - Harlem Globetrotters (Independent)
- Harvey the Hound - Calgary Flames (NHL)
- Hugo the Hornet – Charlotte Hornets (NBA)
- Iceburgh – Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL)
- Jaxson de Ville – Jacksonville Jaguars (NFL)
- Southpaw – Chicago White Sox (MLB)
- The Raptor – Toronto Raptors (NBA)
- Wally the Green Monster – Boston Red Sox (MLB)
Thumbnail via Getty Images